When Life's Challenges Are Hard to Run From

What Reader's are Saying:

Ismet's Honor and Ribbons & Belle in a USAToday Happy Ever After Interview #romance #IVF #Endingwantedpregnancy #abortions #fathersRights

 
I can't tell you how excited I was to get a review posted on such a distinguished blog., so you know I'm sharing it.
Happy Ever After
Interview:
Ey Wade, author of ‘Ismet’s Honor’ and ‘Ribbons & Belle’
By: Joyce Lamb|
Ismet's Honor by Ey Wade

Joyce: Welcome to HEA, Ey! Please tell us a bit about your two new releases, Ismet’s Honor and Ribbons & Belle.
 
Ey: My two latest novels are titled Ismet’s Honor and Ribbons & Belle. Both were released on the same day. I call them companion novels. They have some of the same main characters, but are stand-alone and not a series.

RIBBONS & BELLE: Gorgeous, dedicated fertility counselor Tyson Ribbons has admired and loved embryologist Anabelle “Belle” Lee for a long time. When she comes in for counseling he fights everything within him not to deter her from her plans. Doesn’t stop his heart from wishing it could be him fulfilling her desire.
Anabelle Lee, mourning her inability to have a child of her own, suffered through two miscarriages, a heartbreaking late-term abortion and a soul-crushing divorce. As an embryologist, she has protected the potential life of many frozen specimens, and lived envious of the women choosing InVitro fertilization as their form of reproduction.
After a bit of encouragement from her best friend, and counseling from the very perfect Dr. Ribbons, Anabelle takes steps to fulfill her desire to become a mother.
Problem is, the announcement brings more of a shock than a gift.
 
 
ISMET'S HONOR: Sunny Verdi Reyes, has always wanted the “good life.” Husband, home, lots of children. After cheering on her best friend and fellow embryologist, Belle, through her successful quest for her dream, she wanted those things even more.
Unfortunately, Sunny broke the heart of her fantasy years earlier and it would take more than wishful
At 17, unable to voice his opinion against an unwanted abortion, Ismet Honorable O’Neal ran from the girl who killed his dream of the perfect life and the white picket fence. Now he spends his time aiding other men in being the voice in the lives of their children. Years later, he returns and Sunny is waiting. She’s going to need more than the love in her eyes to repair the fences.
thinking to get him back.
The inspiration to writing Ribbons & Belle came from the controversy of abortions and the vitriol in which the women are attacked. People tend to overlook the fact there may be medical reasons that make the ending of a life detrimental for the mother’s health. Ismet’s Honor was born after a beta reader finished Ribbons & Belle and wished there was a story about Sunny. I decided to make it more about the father and what his wishes may have entailed and how abortions also affect the fathers-to-be.
 
Joyce: Is there anything interesting that’s happened to you while doing research for a book?
 
Ey: With Ribbons & Belle, one of the most interesting things I learned was the term “rainbow baby.” It is used as a form of honor to the child born after a miscarriage, stillbirth or the death of a child. I also learned of a site that supports mothers who did not want to have needed abortions, Ending a Wanted Pregnancy.
 
Joyce: What do you do when you get stuck?
 
Ey: I can’t say that I’ve been stuck when writing, maybe a little paused. When the characters decide to go on vacation or choose to go into a bit of silence, I just move on to another work in progress until they return. I always have something on the burner.
 
Joyce: What distracts you the most when you’re trying to write?
 
Ey: Lol, children’s television. The shows go from deep, ridiculous, to violent within the same session. Monitoring what my 5-year-old grandson watches can take a lot. I’m glad he prefers documentaries.
Ribbons & Belle by Ey Wade

Joyce: Would you like to share a favorite moment from your writing career?
 
Ey: Yes. An e-mail I received from a reader tickled me so much, it made me believe in myself as a writer. The reader expressed how, while in a doctor’s waiting room, she was reading a scene from a suspense novel (The Perfect Solution about a 3-year-old mistakenly given to a stalker by his pre-school teacher) I’d written, and it was so intense, she passed out. I worried about her health, but it did make me feel special.
 
Joyce: Yikes! That was some novel!
Is there a TV show that you’ve recently binge-watched?
 
Ey: Yes, Tiny Houses. It has become an obsession with me. I want one. Preferably on a trailer so I can travel around the country or maybe one made from a truck/van I can drive and live in. I’d carry a huge dog, my grandson, and his mom — my travel lust daughter.
 
Joyce: What’s your ideal scenery while you’re writing?
 
 
Ey: Sun, blue skies and flowers. Sitting in the living room, near the patio window and all I have to do is turn my head a bit to enjoy all of the flowers I planted.
Joyce: What’s coming next?
Ey: The next book to be released is titled Valerie. It is a book filled with tales of women and girls of all ages, races/ethnicity with one commonality — their name is Valerie.
 
Joyce: Thanks, Ey!
 
Find out more at wade-inpublishing.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Companion Novels: Ribbons & Belle and Ismet's Honor, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena